Your website is the entry portal to your business. A well constructed site will drive your business, just as quickly as a poor design will ruin it.
Take a good long look at your existing website and see if you have made any of the seven deadly mistakes.
- Bad navigation. Maybe there are too many nested menus, maybe there are too many options on the main navigation, maybe the words you are using are too trendy. Think of your navigation as road signs that direct traffic. Don’t make those signs difficult to follow, you follow?
- No calls to action. You have all kinds of great content, but you are making visitors fight an uphill battle to connect with you. There are plenty of ways to work in meaningful and attractive calls to action without making your web design seem like a used car sales ad.
- Terrible graphics. In this day and age, great graphics are just way too easy to get your hands on. There are way too many free stock photo resources to have low resolution photos and way too design firms out there that can create a custom look. You can’t afford to have bad graphics. Your competitors are spending money on getting a great look; you should, too.
- No contact forms. What’s the point of your website? If you aren’t trying to capture leads, you are wasting your time online. How are those leads captured? Contact forms. Work them in on every page.
- The website, brochure style. A brochure-style website is no different than your salesperson walking into a lead’s office, plunking a brochure on their desk, and walking out. Your website should be selling, not drowning your visitors in information.
- No scanability. No one is really reading your content except Google if you are throwing bulky paragraphs on your pages. According to Nielsen Norman Group, visitors read 124% more when writing is scanable, concise and subjective. Get together some attractive headlines that guide your visitors’ eyes
- Poor page layout. Web layout is changing fast. Stay up on the latest page layouts or risk looking like a site from the days of dial-up. Think about adding a few parallax sections or rework you content to fit into a newly updated theme.
If you see any of the above listed qualities in your current web design, give us a call. We’ll either fix it, or re-design a winning website that’s sure to showcase your business!